Mondays 11:10-12:40 (3. DS) in room 115, Hallwachsstraße 3
|title:||Neuromorphic Materials |
|type of lectures:||seminar|
|schedule:||2013SoSe Mondays 11:10-12:40 (3. DS)|
|room:||room 115, Hallwachsstraße 3|
|summary:||General presentations: |
1. Basics of scientific presentation (Florian Pump, TU Dresden)
2. WHY BIOLOGY CAN AND SILICON CAN'T? THE BRAIN AND THE COMPUTER (Prof. Dr. Valeriu Beiu, University of the United Arab Emirates)
1. How does a neuron work?
2. Mimicking neural behavior with nanoscale materials
3. Memristor: the fourth element
4. Memristive systems
5. Basics of artificial neural networks I
6. Basics of artificial neural networks II
7. The Human Brain Project
8. Interfacing neurons with Si technology
9. Quantum Cellular Automata
Rules of the game:
The maximal number of participants is 15 and the class participation is obligatory.
For each topic one or two students prepare a seminar presentation and a short concept
paper; basic literature will be provided.
Presentations will be graded according to: understanding, quality of the presentation, ability to discuss the results, ability to ask questions.
Presentations: 45 min., followed by 45 min. general discussion.
last modified: 2020.12.01 Tue
Prof. Dr. Gianaurelio Cuniberti
Institute for Materials Science
visitors and courier address:
01062 Dresden, Germany